Teaching days of the week is one of the most important topic taught in Early Years. As soon as your child turns 3 or 4 they are ready to learn “Days of the week”. It can be tricky at the start as they don’t understand the concept of time. But once they are ready it’s only the memorization. By using flashcards, songs and other fun activities your child will learn days of the week in no time.
Our wonderful flashcards are perfect for practising “Days of the week” first thing in the morning. Young children will love colourful and easier to read cards. Brighten up your classroom with our lovely colourful flashcards available in seven different themes. Choose from princess, superhero, coloured, banners, Emoji and bird theme.
If you are looking to use these cards every day. print them on heavy-duty cards and laminate them. Lamination will make them durable, so they can last a long time.
5 Activities to teach “Days of the Week” in a fun way:
1. Sing child’s favourite days of the week song while pointing at the card correct card on the wall. It is a great way to reinforce the learning.
2. Give your child jumbled up flashcards. Ask them to put them in order of the days of the week.
3. Ask your child daily what day is it? Point to the correct card. Practice the letters of the word together. This activity will help them with their spelling and letter recognition.
4. Give them the Days of the week worksheet with no colours just the outline. Allow the child to colour in the letters and become familiar with spelling.
5. This is the perfect time to teach them the concept of today, tomorrow and yesterday. Pick up your calendar and ask your child what day is today? then show your child, what day was yesterday? And what day will be tomorrow? Reinforce this lesson by asking them questions like what you did yesterday? What are you planning to do tomorrow?
My children love listening to this day of the week song.
Days of the week flashcards:
Learn the days of the week vocabulary with these wonderful superhero themed flashcards.
Print these wonderful set of princess themes days of the week flashcards. Your little princess will surely love them and keep them hooked.
These colourful and attractive flashcards will help your little one memorize days of the week along with helping them to learn all the basic colours.
These fun emoji flashcards will definitely be a hit among young children. Download these set of flashcards and start leaning day of the week today.
There is no excuse to learn days of the week when you have such cheerful flashcards. Print them today and practice days of the week with our wonderful activities.
Your child will find these flashcards very attractive. Use these superb flashcards in your classroom for singing the days of the week song or for ordering the days of the week.
These handy bright-coloured flashcards will provide an abundance of practice to your children.
Days of the week poster:
Print this colourful days of the week poster. Laminate it and stick on your fridge or wall. It will help your child memorize the days of the week in no time.
vocabulary building with these wonderful days of the week colouring sheets. Ask your child to trace over each letter to help their spellings and letter formation.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s article. If you have any questions and queries please contact me on my Facebook page.
More vocabulary for Reception and Year 1 children coming soon.